Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sugar and Spice Challenge: Rainbow

Hi everyone!! So I participated in my first challenge! :) You can find the challenge here if you'd like to play along, we hope you do! 

The challenge was: Rainbow! I love anything rainbow; I think its the order of colors. Rainbow colors make me smile and I instantly feel happy. As I was thinking about what rainbows mean to me, I started to think about what else makes me happy in my life and I immediately thought of my step daughter. She is the epitome of happy. She lights up any room that she is in and she is always smiling. She makes me smile. So I dedicated this challenge to her and what she means to me.
I did cover her face to protect her identity but you can still see the layout :)
I used Heidi Swapp mist chipboard letters. For the 'Bri' I used Mr. Huey mists, for the 'ght' I used American Craft ink pad in Cricket, for the 'e' I used Mr. Huey mist and for the 'n' I used SEI color spray. I used some Studio Calico gold hearts.
I love these new Amy Tangerine thickers!!! I knew I had to incorporate black into my layout as well, it would not be a signature Cheri layout without black on it! :) I backed the photos with the Amy Tangerine gold polka dot vellum. 
I love how the watercolor turned out. I did some light blowing to make the drips run. It was missing that POP though so I added the colored sequins. That made it look exactly how I wanted it!
I hope you enjoyed my challenge entry. Thanks for stopping by! :) 



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this LO! The awesome dripping effect and the scattered sequins and the rainbow letters. Of course, the Amy Tan thickers are perfect! A will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful LO!! I love the effect watercolor makes and sequins color matches perfectly. They look like drop of water!! So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete