Sunday, March 16, 2014

Chocolate & Mint Challenge

This week for the Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge its chocolate and mint! To be honest, I hardly ever....and I mean EVER use brown when I scrapbook....or in my wardrobe for that matter. I prefer black. However, there is something about chocolate and mint that just goes together. I created two cards for this challenge. I figure if I am going to use a color that challenges me, might as well go all the way and create my most challenging form of paper crafting-CARDS! I have such a hard time making cards. I am going to be sending out a thank you package and a RAK (hopefully this week!) and these will be perfect to send along with the packages. 

This is the first card I made. 
I stamped the background with Memento cocoa brown ink.

I pulled out my copics and colored in the stamped camera image. I used the last of my PaperTrey Ink Ribbon in mint. 

The second card I made is using Dear Lizzy paper and some Mr. Huey Mint Julep spray.

I used the extra Nina White card stock left over from stamping the camera on my first card. I ran the thick card stock through my cuddle bug using the MFT lower case High-Rise die. 
I used a water color pen with the Mr. Huey and colored the letters. I finished the card up with some hemp cord from My Mind's Eye.

Hope you enjoyed. Please check out Sugar and Spice Crafty Challenge and post your project! 

http://sugarandspicechallenge.blogspot.com

Have a great week.
Cheri

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the card, Cher! I loved how you tamped out the background and coloured the larger camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first card is so elegant and background camera image is so cool!! Your second card look fabulous. Love the thanks alphabet. I have to check MFT site!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love ur cards..they turned out AWESOME!!! Who makes the camera stamp u used on the first card?? Love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards! Love the camera one! What camera stamp did you use?
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete