Saturday, February 26, 2011

Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman-A Legacy of Love

 This is an altered 8 x 10 canvas I made for my grandfather. He seems to prefer handmade sentimental gifts to the usual pair of slippers!! I added three 2 x 3 sized photos of his children and grandchildren to the canvas before wrapping.
I used so many different elements for this. I used a tin top to hold the pocket watch & then punched a hole at the top to add the silver chain. I distressed the papers with black soot distress ink and tore the pages for an aged effect. I love the look of coupling the tearing and the distress ink. I prefer black soot to vintage photo as well. I like the burnt age effect rather than the discoloring age effect. I used a bottle cap, lace, metal embellishments, a stick pin, feathers, black Prima pearls, Tim Holtz filmstrip, an adage ticket, a memo stick pin and white I am roses. The roses were fun to create, I used cranberry alcohol ink on the edges, then sprayed them with Glimmer Chalk in Charcoal then added black stickles, really cool effect!

No comments:

Post a Comment